NATIONAL REGISTER of Historic Places: 218 Elm Street - Three-bay center-hall plan house with hipped roof, two-tier porch and two-story rear wing.
Though this house is plaqued as the Thomas Pritchard House, the National Register noted it as Moore-Pritchard House circa 1910, meaning Moore owned or built it before it was owned by Pritchard.
This small quaint seaport has roots back to April 7, 1730 when Isaac and Jonathan Green Sr. purchased from Ebenezer Harker "a certain plantation and track of land containing by estimation 441 acres situate lying and being in ye Carterett in ye county of province of aforsaid being ye west side of ye mouth off White Oak River." By 1771 Theophilus Weeks started a town on his plantation, laying out a plat and selling lots. Formerly known as Bogue, Week's Point, The Wharf and New Town, the town was officially designated by the North Carolina General Assembly on May 6, 1783. Above photo (from North Carolina State Archives) courtesy Jack Dudley, as included in Swansboro - A Pictorial Tribute